[SOLVED]820-2936 no backlight

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanLEN

Hi. I have a 820-2936 with no backlight with 12.5 volts on pins 21 & 22 of J9000. After changing LP8550 I still have 12.5 volts on output. Thanks for any help in advance.

RyanLEN

Hi. Thank you for the responses. FB is 12.5, R0910 is 12.5 pin 1&2, BKL EN is 3.1 and 0 PWM is 0. Thanks.

RyanLEN

I'm assuming PCH is at fault and nothing else can be done. Ended up running a wire from C9711. Thank you very much for your help.

RyanLEN

Now having a more problems related to BKLT after running wire. every 10 -15 seconds durring OS install the screen will go to sleep and I will have to press the power button to wake it up. Any thoughts?

TCRScircuit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Your issue was never with the PCH or backlight circuit. Your PWM is missing because it think's it's sleeping. Try a new Magsafe board as that has the sleep sensor on it.

RyanLEN

Holy Shit! Hahaha... I'm such an asshole! Here I am dicking around trouble shooting a logic board, when the whole time it was the Batt Indicator as you guys pointed out. I pulled one from another machine and everything is up and running. What a dildo. Thank you Aprendiz, TCR and Duke. Much appreciated. Have a good one!

Status
Not open for further replies.