MacBook Air, coffee spilt on it 820 00165 fan spin and only a green light

leonattpcs

Opening up, board was a mess. General disruption all over the board, most disturbance is inside the case where he fan normally is. Cleaned board and looked again, even after cleaning L5001 looks burnt out, but beeped and about 3 ohms. Replaced anyway, now beeps at 2ohms.
With board back in computer, get fan spin, just green light and occasionally the charge symbol comes up on screen. At this time, the green light fades away on charger and no more. Am I right in saying the smc tells the light to go red therefore it could be an smc problem?
c5001 and c5020 look quite bad as well,
Checking for other voltages they are there so could it be anything else other than the smc? I have not yet checked for shorts to ground anywhere
Thanks again

leonattpcs

Both the board and the cable look effected, I have tried a new board and no change. Don't have another cable to try, but will get some. The connector on the logic board looks effected, the contacts look like hey have been hit with the liquid so I will investigate the connector and tracks that lead from it. What does the connector carry, just information to USB ports?
Thanks again

dukefawks

Administrator
Give the connector on the board a good scrub and clean. Then use new IO board and flat cable. Connector on board sucks to replace.

leonattpcs

I have a new board and cable, but before that:
C1084 and everything on that line (ppvcc _s0_cpu) is shorted to ground a I don't see anything else on that line so is this game over for the processor?
C7260 - shorted to ground - is this due to the other shorts maybe?
C7213 - shorted to ground also
U7200 ISL 9582 - 3 pins, pin 17 18 and 19 look bad (ppvin_s0_cpuvr_vin) like they have ben effected by the liquid damage
U5620 PAC1921 - 2 pins, pin 1 and 2 look bad as well, both those pins have there things to do with the cpu so I am thinking of removing them and checking for shorts again

A lot of those issues have there things to do with the processor, so is it all saying the processor has been effected?

leonattpcs

Diode mode
Red probe on ground and black on actual ground reads 0
red probe on ground and black on voltage side reads 13
On beer testing, both sides beep