820-3476 wont boot on charger only

dukefawks

Administrator
It will and it will NOT do the 3x on/off that is only 3437 and 3435. Of course it must have a 60W charger and the green/orange light must work.

Repairable

thanks for clearing that,

so i got a 85W charger they all boot on this cable.

but this MacBook when i unplug the battery it boots, but it keeps giving a battery empty icon then turns off.

when i put in a good battery it boots and goes to the login screen shows the battery and % goes up.

when i unplug the battery i goes to the battery empty icon, but when i remove the io kabel the thick flat one it boots to login (still no battery pluged in)

dukefawks

Administrator
If it works and charges with the battery I wouldn't worry about it. It is normal on the 4924, not seen the battery symbol on the 3476 boards.

Repairable

if i connect the black flat io cable, i get pp3v3_s0 at 0.051volt
most times system is giving issues at that point
also same result with different io kabel/board

so in my opinion there is a issue in the connector....

Repairable

oke replaced connector, io board, io kabel and airport.

result is this,

no battery and black io board cable, system runs good and boots in few second.

when i plugin the black io cable, but no battery it boots 1 time turns off

when i plugin battery and black io cable
it boots for 3 times and then turns off.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Repairable

sorry indeed.

no battery and black io board cable, system runs good and boots in few second. (full boot in os can do everything)

when i plugin the black io cable, but no battery it boots 1 time turns off (powercycle)

when i plugin battery and black io cable
it boots for 3 times and then turns off. (3 times powercycle)

Repairable

just went true the notes, says liqued damage, thou i cant find anyspot not even you know the substance that gets left behind, note says nothing about ultrasoon cleaning before

dukefawks

Administrator
Inspect trackpad connector for corrosion. Also this thread is a mess and I have no real idea what is what anymore. Start over.