820-2879 no power after ultrasonic.

punkieftw

Hi, i have a macbook pro here, my client trying to solve a wifi problem, burn the lvds conector and the lvds flex .. i reeplace thad but after replace, to remove the excess of flux i put the board in the ultrasonic and before that.. no turns on anymore. in any moment before the ultrasonic shows a green light and orange.. but in a moment taking a measures accidentaly touch the pin 1 of the C6999 and pin 1 of the R6905 and the light is gone. so.. there is my measures

PP3V42_G3H 3,35v
PPBUS_G3H 12,23v
PPDCIN 18,71v
SMC_BC_ACOK 1,14v

i replace the U7000 and have same result.. any sugestions?

Last edited:

ALB-Repairs

what cleaner do you have?
Rewind 3 years, i killed allot of chipsets in substandard cleaners. what ultrasonic cleaner do you have.
Maybe 2/10 repairs would go into the cleaner working and come out dead.
I mean fully dead, quater fan spin dead (due to bad PCH's)

In the case of MCP79's and 89's id get no S4/3
If this board isnt liquid related your cleaner/or fluid has probably killed the MCP, sounds silly but i spent allot of time messing with fluids and a cheap cleaner.
I used some pink stuff once and a working board came out of my crest with a bad PCH.

punkieftw

what cleaner do you have?
Rewind 3 years, i killed allot of chipsets in substandard cleaners. what ultrasonic cleaner do you have.
Maybe 2/10 repairs would go into the cleaner working and come out dead.
I mean fully dead, quater fan spin dead (due to bad PCH's)

In the case of MCP79's and 89's id get no S4/3
If this board isnt liquid related your cleaner/or fluid has probably killed the MCP, sounds silly but i spent allot of time messing with fluids and a cheap cleaner.
I used some pink stuff once and a working board came out of my crest with a bad PCH.

ehm, i use Brason, and the ultrasonic cleaner is a cheap one.. "VEVOR" ..

ALB-Repairs

Have you had this issue before?
Are you 100% its non liquid damaged? In some cases bad but semi intact probe points will loose connection during the cleaning cycle

ALB-Repairs

Okay, ACOK is 1.14V so how do you have a green light, It could be something to do with that.
Does it work in SMC bypass?
Thanks
Zac

ALB-Repairs

You can google a SMC bypass, it bypasses certain function of SMC's
Its just holding the power button for 10 seconds before attaching a power source (such as a battery or charger)

anyway with ACOK low id suggest replacing the ISL6259

Repairable

replace smc and see if you killed the rest of the shit,
ppbus_g3h at 12,23volt most times say SMC is dead.

dukefawks

Administrator
Remove SMC then measure resistance to GND on the 3V42 rail and report the value here. I'm pretty sure this board will be fucked.