Machook Pro - 820-2879

vaswaniraj

Hi Team,
I have received a Macbook Pro 820-2879 where the computer works fine, just that the Audio does not work. If gone on System Preferences >> Sound >> Output >> No output devices found. Input >> No input devices found. I thought that it could be a Software issues, so I went ahead and reformatted the hard drive and set up the computer as a New computer without customers data. Still the computer does not show any output and input devices. Can you help me in solving this issue.

ALB-Repairs

thats your problem, restore that and youll be good, check for input, whatever enable thats required and shorts on output.

dukefawks

Administrator
4V5 analog does not need to be present as that only powers the amps/analog side of the chip. The digital side is not working as it is not recognized in the OS. Is there 5V on L6200? Check power on L6201 too.

aprendiz

5V on L6200 comes from PP5V_S3 which of course should be present otherwise the machine would not work...

If you have 5V on pin 1 from L6200 but not on pin 2, just replace L6200..

But if you dont have voltage on any pin of L6200 maybe it is a broken trace, fix it if you find it or run a wire from pin 1 of L6200 to the closest pad where you find PP5V_S3..