820-2850 intermittent back light issue,

RyanLEN

2010 A1286 came in today for overheating/shutting down issues. Everything worked fine (Booted into OS full video and backlight, chime.) except for the overheating when it was dropped off in queue. A couple hours later when I turned it on it would only boot video but no backlight. At this time without removing the board I was only getting 24 volts on LCD Backlight lines. When I removed the board and tested I got the same result. But when I flipped the board upside down and started probing pins on u9701 and resistors around the area the backlight kicked on with 34 v on backlight lines. Now hours later, its still working fine. So my issue is, is that I dont feel comfortable giving this computer back tomorrow to its owner knowing this happened and that I may very well happen again. So to be safe, should I replace U9701 and surrounding resistors since I cant pin point the issue now that its working? Thanks a lot, have a good one.

RyanLEN

I havent replaced anything yet. Overheating has been resolved. C9560 cause no backlight?

Last edited: