820-2850 No PPBUS_G3H

RyanLEN

G3H Starts at 1.9V and drains slowly to 0
PP3v42 - 3.41

G3H Resistance in Diode mode - 0.440

Board looks like it has been worked on before. Flux around U9600 and U7201.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

dukefawks

Administrator
The usual, resistance between pin 17/18, 27/28 of ISL6259? Try if it can power on from a charged battery, then you can ignore all the ISL6259 crap. Also flux around U9600.....prepare to reball that one :(

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
What do you get in diode mode on the SDA and SCL lines to the ISL, red probe on ground, no power applied? Also check S4/S3/S0 rails for a short circuit. PPBUS_G3H will not come on if there is a short to ground for more than a few milliseconds.

RyanLEN

SDA 0.485, SCL = 0.486. S4 = 0.502, S3 = 0.546, = S0 0.546. No short. Thanks.

Update-

CHGR AC IN = 4.01V
CHGR DC IN = 18V

Thanks.

Last edited:

RyanLEN

Starts at 7.01 MOhm and slowly drops down. Held probes there until 4.75 MOhm then got tired of holding them. Went to check 3v3_s5, plugged in magsafe and battery and the fucking fan is spinning. I swear I didn't do it. So now when Battery and charger plugged I get fan spin. If I turn it off it wont turn back on unless I unplug the battery and charger and plug back in. Same DC-In board same charger same battery. Thanks.

Last edited:

RyanLEN

Sorry Duke I guess I wasnt using Real charger before on that last post. looked real at first glance. Too much crap on my desk, had to organize. Now, with Real charger the Machine will turn on when plugging in magsafe. But only turns on when plugging in magsafe without battery plugged in. Will not turn on with battery plugged in. It will boot and power button works to cut the power. But will not turn on from power button once shut down. Have to unplug magsafe and plug back in. But this thing was completely dead when I got it. So no idea why its suddenly even turning on.

Last edited:

RyanLEN

Once power is drained I can plug battery in and when I plug in magsafe the machine will boot, see and charge the battery. Once I shut machine down and press power button to turn the computer back on, the amber on magsafe turns green for a second then amber again. No power. Have to remove battery drain power and start again. Would this be SMC related? Thanks.

Last edited:

RyanLEN

Tried reflow on SMC. No go. Still same issue. I also notice when I press the power button to turn on computer the fans twitch very slightly. Thanks.

dukefawks

Administrator
So what is it doing right now? Does it power on from battery+charger? Is PPBUS present without battery? Does orange light still turn green when pressing power?

RyanLEN

Will not power on from battery at all. Will power on by itself when I plug in the magsafe. This occurs with battery or without battery. Once I cut the power from power button, it will not turn back on from power button. When I press the power button the light on the charger goes from amber to green and the fans twitch. I have to disconnect battery, reconnect battery , plug in magsafe and the machine turns back on by itself and boots into OS. Will not start from power button or power pads. Only turn off from power button or pads once it is on. It does see the battery and charges it in MacOS. Battery is genuine and in good working condition. Charger is working and genuine 85W. Thanks. Have a good one.

Last edited: