[SOLVED]2015 13" Macbook pro keyboard and trackpad not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgraffis

Im working on a fun one agin. customer brought this machine in and stated that the keyboard and trackpad randomly stops functioning. when it was brought in i was able to verify that they did not work. i unplugged the battery to drain all power but still not functioning not even in boot menu. I did a smc reset and it started working again. sent the customer on his way. Now the customer is back with same issue.

it seems to be a problem maybe have had according to google search results.
then yesterday i another customer come in with the same issue. today I've been trying to replicate this problem, but haven't got the machine to do it again. Not even really sure where to start with this.

i did check for liquid damage and doesn't appear to have been dropped. seems like another one of apples screw ups.

Just wondering if anyone else has run across this issue or possible have a solution for it?

jgraffis

i started playing around with the trackpad cable and sure enough got the problem to show up again. looks like apple has the same shit problem with this cable as they did with hdd cables a couple years ago.
didn't realize that would cause the keyboard to stop functioning also.

thanks again duke!
please mark as solved

Status
Not open for further replies.