820-3536-A No power, orange light, no fan

galvestonmac

hi! i have an 820-3536-A that has no power is plugged in. Liquid damage all over the place. I cleaned it up in the ultrasonic and now I get a green/orange light on the charger but it doesn't boot and the fan doesn't spin. Going through the power rails It seems that I have no PP5V_S3 or PP5V_S0.

PP5V_S5 at C4807 is 2.37v
PP5V_S4 at L4807 pin 2 is 2.37v
PP5V_S3 at L4011 pin 2 is 0v
PP5V_S0 at J6050 pin 1 is 0v

I replaced U7501 because it looked pretty crappy. I've checked around the chip for short to ground and all check out with resistance. Any ideas of what to look for next? Thanks!

galvestonmac

Is there actually supposed to be a U5540 on the production boards for this model? In the schematic I don't see NO STUFF but I don't have U5540 and R5440 on the board. I don't have another board to compare right now. I do have some donor boards on the way, but they take a long time to arrive.

galvestonmac

It's there but very low. Chasing that down now. Should have checked that first before I posted anything. I have an orange light on the DC in so I got distracted and went looking the other way. I'll go through all of the rails in order to see what's up. thanks