820-00045 12inch macbook, trackpad and keyboard works only in recovery mode

ielectron

i actually dont see the model number of the board, but that is the only 820-... number i came across with the a1534 12 inch macbook, where can i read the number on the board?
Trackpad and keyboard works fine in recovery mode, but no activity when osx booted, osx reintall done, same. ACtually the power button works in osx cause i can shot it down by holding it for 5sec, i can do pram reset cause it restarts, but how can i confrirm SMC reset? there is no led on the charger anymore.
I checked the board and trackpad under scope and i see zero water damage.

ielectron

ok, that is the keyboard, i quickly tried with another one, its rather tricky, i had to put the second keyboard inside the laptop (for a quick test im not gonna remove the original keyboard, takes too much times), and it works, even the trackpad, i tried with disconnected keyboard and trackpad was working too.
But maybe someone can answer the other questions, where can actullly see the 820-.... number on the board, and how can i confirm the SMC reset was actually done?

Joesipaq

No Title

I don't have a doner for that one on hand, but it looks like this is your board? I am really unfamilar with that model if so. As for the SMC reset, if you drain the battery some so that the charging light will turn orange when plugged in. When you preform the SMC Reset, the light will change from orange to green - back to orange.

Attachments

• photo1413.jpg
    photo1413.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 0

dukefawks

Administrator
Just press the battery disconnect button next to the battery connection and the LED on the right side will go off. This will completely remove power from the board and thus also resetting the SMC.

ielectron

i was wondering what is the way to turn it back on, press that button again on the board? the first time i replaced the keyboard it would not turn on until i plugged in the charger, than a battery indicator came up than started, but what of i dont have a charger lets say, or im using it for another repair, can i turn the laptop on without the charger after i pressed that button?

dukefawks

Administrator
No, you need a charger. Go get an ORIGINAL 87W one with an ORIGINAL USB-C cable so you can use this on all newer USB-C machines. Yes you will probably $100+ for an original charger and cable.

ielectron

yes i have the original charger + cable, its a good investment anyway, for ex. i was repairing a nintendo switch charger port and i was able to charge that with the macbook charger, so its very versatile to charge basically everything with usb-c.

Bouba148

Hi all,
Th?
?????The 87W official charger provides 20V.
My question is :
Can we use it on a 820-00045 board (A1534) wich accept 14.5V ?

?

Bouba148

Hi 2Informaticos,
I've tried with a brand new 87W Type C charger, and this one doesn't adjust to provide the needed voltage regarding the mother board:
It's only 5.2V 2.4A, 9V 3A or 20V 4.3A as writen on the charger itself, I've tried it on a 820-00045 (12 inch mb ), the charger provides 20V instead of 14.5V for a 29W charger, same test done with a 60W charger.
Plus it's clearly marked and writen on it.....see attached pictures of 87W and 29W ......
Coud you, or someone please take a picture of his 87W charger specs if different and share....

IMG_0817.JPG29w-usb-c-power-adapter-spec.png