820-3115 no PM_SLP_S3_L

nate8organic

have a second 3115. It is missing pm_slp_s3_l i have no pp3v3_en i have no pp5v_s0_en. serious liquid damaged corrosion throughout the board. i replaced anything that looked fried/ burnt. the boards fan spins for a second then turns off. if i smc by pass the fan stay on. u4800 are was corroded. replaced it and no change. ppbus is good at 12v.

dukefawks

Administrator
If the fan spins then SLP_S3 must be there. Could be anything, the usual suspects are clock chip or crap under SMC. But if board was corroded all over it can be anything.

nate8organic

okay thanks. the fan spins only for a few seconds then it stops entirely. i did replace the clock chip as it was nasty and there was stuff near smc so i guess i will try a reflow there. for some reason when tracking down the issue with pp5v_s0 i found that slp_s3 was not there but i must be doing things in the wrong order. i will go through and if the smc reflow/replacememt doesn't work i will replace everything with corrosion near it.
Thanks again.

nate8organic

no no power cycling. just a quick spin and stops. I am aware of that. am going to try the smc and work from there. Cheers