[SOLVED]820-00165 no power i can't get this shit to work need some help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

supamodz

Hi guys working on an 820-00165 air board, as we all know all rails are present green light on charger. Only rail i'm not sure about is PP5V S4RS3 which has 0v i tested for shorts on s0 rails and all are fine. What else could i check to solve this issue ?

smiba

PP5V_S4RS3 is being generated by the U7501 circuit, but only if P5VS4RS3_EN is high. P5VS4RS3_EN comes from PM_SLP_S4_L/S4_PWR_EN.

Voltages of PM_SLP_S4_L, S5_PWRGD, PM_DSW_PWRGD?

Last edited:

supamodz

PP5V_S4RS3 is being generated by the U7501 circuit, but only if P5VS4RS3_EN is high. P5VS4RS3_EN comes from PM_SLP_S4_L/S4_PWR_EN.

Voltages of PM_SLP_S4_L, S5_PWRGD, PM_DSW_PWRGD?

Here is what i got simba thanks for your assistance PM_SLP_S4_L 0V S5_PWRGD 3.395 PM_DSW_PWRGD 3.423

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
If you check pin 2 on U7501 is it 0v steady or 0v for 3 seconds then up to 1-3v later and back down?

supamodz

Ok guys mark this one as solved, i was fucking trolled by the charger here is why. So i was using a magesafe 1 charger with the magsafe 2 adapter piece apple sells for some reason on the 2015 boards this causes a glitch where the logic board won't turn on, this has has happened to me on a same identical board in the past and i could not figure out why. I used my magsafe 2 from my retina mac and bam it was turned on like a fuking hore, i was pissed all that time wasted for a freaking charger issue i have learned my lesson "USE THE RIGHT CHARGER TO TEST YOUR LOGIC BOARDS".

Status
Not open for further replies.