820-3476 OSX killed every few days

ielectron

feels like in the good old days a cheap pc, osx lasts for 3-7 days, than have to be reinstalled again, i dont see water damage, same with new ssd.
One time it was like really slow, mosue jumping too, and booting from ext hdd it was very slow too! but now i just reintalled it again, and works fine, with ext, hdd too, so it just happens sometimes randomly, but cant go more than a week. Im sure its a board issue but have no idea what could it be.

smiba

What does ASD EFI and ASD OS give you? Any sensors going crazy?

When the system works very slow, what clock speed is the system running at? If its at a full clock speed, are there any processes hogging the CPU?

ielectron

it means it wont boot anymore, than i boot from ext hdd and i can see all the files, even the system files, i can do the data backup from Users folder, than i format the SSD and reinstall osx with a usb installer. But once i was not able to any files at all, but than again i had to reinstall osx and it started to work again. So everytime it fails i can fix it by format and osx reintall.
I will check the ASD.

dukefawks

Administrator
Strange, I did have some issues that shitty Chinese chargers were killing the SSDs. These were all OWC replacement drivers though. I have no idea what else it could be.

ielectron

No Title

that was with the charger, and this one is if the charger is not connected:

Attachments

• photo1482.jpg
    photo1482.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0

ielectron

No Title

the charger is 45W for the picture above, now i tried it with an 85W charger:

Attachments

• photo1483.jpg
    photo1483.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 0

smiba

You need to use a 60W or higher charger for ASD to pass. The 45W charger gives 14V where the 60W gives 16V

As for the sleep/wake event, you've probably touched something to wake it up again. Do not touch it for a couple of minutes in this test until it automatically turns itself back on again

ielectron

ahh.., now with the 85W charger its just passing , many times, i reinstalled osx again, and it works fine, we dont have the customers charger, but they will buy a new one anyway, hope that sorts it out.

smiba

I highly doubt this issue is being caused by the charger honestly. With charger that is meant for a smaller macbook it will just be slow and/or not charge.

At best maybe if they used a really shitty Chinese charger, because anything can happen while using those