820-2914 Kernel Panics

hi , i have this Model 820-2914, with sudden reboots And kernel panics, this Model has the tantalum cap failure ?

Thanks

Is there a way to force to use the other Video Card , i saw that with NVRAM variables you can , in this model
too? Thanks For the help my friend !!

I have another one that , iT refuses to boot , no Caps Locks, only front light is steady. IT doesnt react to PRAM reset, but the SMC reset goes ok , its 100% GPU in this case Too ?

dukefawks

Administrator
Yeah all the 2915 and 2914 ones are 95% bad GPU and the other 5% will be a bad GPU soon. Yes there are some hacks out there to boot off Intel GFX but they are buggy and will not survive a PRAM reset and who knows what else. Replace GPU or just dump it on Ebay, they still sell for $$$ even with dead GPU as there are many idiots that will reflow them and call it fixed with 30 day warranty.

I understand your Point , one question , sorry maybe my stupid one ( question ), if i Connect a Mouse iT doesnt Light, maybe some Vcore Stuff ? What do i need to measure ? Thanks :)

dukefawks

Administrator
Heat up the GPU and see if it lives again first. Heat up to about 100C so that a wet finger sizzles on the chip. If it works after this you know the GPU was dead.