thread top ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

READ BEFORE REGISTERING SO YOUR ACCOUNT WORKS

In order for your account to be activated INSTANTLY, your PayPal email MUST MATCH THE EMAIL YOU USE TO REGISTER YOUR ACCOUNT ON THIS FORUM!! If your PAYPAL email address differs from your FORUM email address, your account will have to be activated MANUALLY when a customer service agent gets around to it.

I realize this sucks, and I do apologize.
See more
See less

[SOLVED]820 2530 going to sleep after the desktop is shown when starting the machine.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SOLVED]820 2530 going to sleep after the desktop is shown when starting the machine.

Hi,
    I have a 820 2530 that goes to sleep right after it shows the desktop, the board came in for a keyboard connector replacement.
    I've changed the connector and when i start the machine all goes fine until I see the desktop, after that the mac puts himself to sleep, removed the motherboard to inspect if it comes from the new connector and I see that the C9799 is ripped off sow I put a new one thinking that was the problem but it does the same thing like before.
    Any suggestions on were to start looking?

Thank's

Measure voltage on SMC_LID

Comment

Thanks Louis,
      I've searched where to measure the SMC_LID and seen on the schematics that J6955 has the SMC_LID_R on pin 5, no surprise when I see some pins are missing on batterry indicator connector.
      Started the mac without connecting it and everything works.

Comment

You know where to go from here!

Comment

• SoroS
          SoroS commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks a lot

thread bottom ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X