[SOLVED]3 beeps in 5 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

zockysworkshop

I have 820-3115-b logic board with no water damage signs the guy that send it to me told me that has knock down capacitor C7251 150UF 20% 6.3V POLY-BIA-SM i replace it but when i turn on the computer i still get 3 beeps. I've checked the RAM put few different ones I've checked the RAM slots under the microscope they look good i checked all rails are present also double checked for PVCORE_S0_CPU and i have that too. I was doing research online for the beeps i find out on apple website for trouble shooting that those beeps can indicate problems with RAM or the MCP. Kinda confused now. Any ideas ? Thank you

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
I would say bad PCH or the board is cracked somewhere and this will be hell. If you move the board around see if it boots in different positions but I sincerely doubt this will go anywhere.

zockysworkshop

So I checked for PPDDR_S3_REG on point 2 on L7330 it was missing and i saw that PPDDR_S3_REG is coming from U7300 also checked the pins 12 and 2 for voltage, and i had voltage on pin 12 but not on 2 so i couldn't find where that voltage is generated so i replaced the U7300 and solved my problem. Thanks for your help guys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.