Apple MacBook Pro 15" A1286 i7 2.3GHz Logic Board 820-3330-B Fan turns on and off

clickclack80s

Apple MacBook Pro 15" A1286 i7 2.3GHz Logic Board 820-3330-B Fan turns on and off

Hi, I have a MacBook pro 15" A1286 2012 logicboard that doesn't display any picture but the fan it turns on and off repeatedly until I press the power button and shut off the computer. Do you have any idea on what is causing this?

thanks,

- Mike

clickclack80s

No Title

Update: I see the store who had the clients logicboard, clearly sodomized it.The EFI chip's two solder pads are lifted and missing on solder pads 7 & 8. Where do you think I can jump two copper wires to under to make connection?

Attachments

• photo1638.jpg
    photo1638.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 0

dukefawks

Administrator
You will have to check the board view where those pins go. The question is of course why was the chip messed with? What is the history of this board? Before putting the chip back read it and upload the content here so I can check if it even has a good file in it.

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
Firstly no sharing schematics or boardviews here, secondly bios DUMP has nothing to do with schematic or boardview. You need a programmer like a TL866 or something to read the BIOS from the existing chip.

clickclack80s

I apologize about that, I thought you were requesting the schematic . I will get the bios dump for you, I really appreciate your help.

clickclack80s

Good evening, Louis I got the tl866 programmer and the sop8 Adaptor, how do I get you the bios dump? I installed the software and drivers and hooked up the programmer to my pc laptop.

-thank you

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
1) Put chip on adapter.
2) Plug it into reader.
3) Start TL866 software.
4) Choose the chip that you have in the software.
5) Click ID and see if it gives you a six digit/letter string. If it doesn't, or it gives you a different one each time, then it isn't correct.
6) Click read.
7) Save it to a file.