820-3209A backlight problem

john

I can't figure out.
tested fuse diode mode 0.0016 is it ok?
PPVOUT_SW_LCDBKLT_FB diode mode 0.621 is it ok?

john

PPBUS_SW_LCDBKLT_PWR i'm geting 8.1V is it good?
LCD_BKLT_EN 3.3V
BKLT_PLT_RST_L 3.3V
Q9706 pin 4 i'm getting 8154V and pin 3 i'm getting 2.66V
PPVOUT_SW_LCDBKLT 8.12V

Last edited:

john

fix it R9731 and R9715 was the problem. replace it and i have imagine. it's running slow but it might be the ssd

john

I can't run anything. It took around 2 minutes to boot up. it's running very slow. The keyboard it's working perfect but when I press the option key so I can boot from stick it's not working. on the battery icon i have a X so it doesn't recognise the battery. any suggestion where i have to start the troubleshooting

dukefawks

Administrator
Your keyboard is not working fine! Connect external USB keyboard and use that to boot from USB. Run the EFI version of ASD.

This will probably turn out to be a dead SMC because the battery is not recognized. Try a known good battery first of course.

john

changed new battery. the same thing x on the battery but now if i take the charger out it using battery power. used external usb keyboard the same issue. the keys are working but when i hold options nothing.
did reset the SMC. Shout down the mac and pressed options+ctrl+shift+power button for a few second when i release the buttons the charger it changes the light from orange to green and back to orange. reseting the nvram not working.

john

shift key is stuck order a new keyboard any advice about the battery I replaced 3 batterys and the same issue

dukefawks

Administrator
That is the sensor in the trackpad, so cable/connector are probably corroded. This has nothing to do with the battery issue though, it will make the machine run slow though.

john

replaced the keyboard and I run the test again there was no error. It's strange. won't power on when I press the power button. when i plug the charger its powerin on even when the lid is closed. After i power on the mac with the charger I can shut it down on the power button. Also is running incredibly slow. Where should I check next? The battery is not detected but after the mac runs from battery if I disconnect the charger

Last edited: