[SOLVED]820-2936 not seeing the battery

Hi ive got an 820-2936 board with liquid damage, at first board would not turn on , thats all sorted then there was no audio and thats sorted but now its not seeing the battery, at r5280 i get 3.4v each side and r5281 i get 3.4v pin 1 and 135ma pin 2, r5281 measured 1.9k but changed anyway and still measure 1.9k , ive removed u7000 and measurements still stay the same , am i right in thinking its got to be the smc, i have relowed it and its no different, i have tried the battery in another mac and its working fine , just thought i would ask before changing smc in case im missing something else, i have also removed j6955 for good measure :)

aprendiz

The data lines are the same for BIL, battery connector and U7000 and all goes to SMC.......

Unplug BIL, check for corrosion on bill connector, battery connector and D6950, if everything is ok SMC is bad....

JohnB8812

If the ISL isn’t bringing the voltage up, then check the caps on the back of the board to see if they look bad. If not, then you have to replace the SMC

ok thanks , looks like its the smc, does anyone know of any UK suppliers where i can get the stensil from or an smc, had this laptop for a couple of weeks now and dont really want to order from overseas