thread top ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

READ BEFORE REGISTERING SO YOUR ACCOUNT WORKS

In order for your account to be activated INSTANTLY, your PayPal email MUST MATCH THE EMAIL YOU USE TO REGISTER YOUR ACCOUNT ON THIS FORUM!! If your PAYPAL email address differs from your FORUM email address, your account will have to be activated MANUALLY when a customer service agent gets around to it.

I realize this sucks, and I do apologize.
See more
See less

820-2879 sudden restarts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 820-2879 sudden restarts

Hi everyone,
    Restarts at various different stages - on OS X after a few seconds, after long usage, during booting.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks guys.

Hello !
    Please explain more details...
    you have done several tests?
    magsafe? mesures of voltages? research on logic board?

Comment

What should i test exactly? ASD finds no error, sometimes comes the ram error beeping sounds, but on the next try turns on perfectly, magsafe lights as it should and battery charges as it should. voltages on the board look fine to me, should i test the voltages for any specific component? i have the brd file for this board.

Comment

Try one RAM slot at a time and see if problem remains, the battery is original????

Comment

Have done that extensively, same result, different DIMMs and different combinations.it's a very weird case for me.

Comment

Did you try ONE slot at a time, could be one bad RAM slot. Also these boards you MUST use PC8500 RAM.

Comment

Sure. That was the first step, different DIMMs of 1066 in different combinations. always same error.

Comment

This was probably dropped. Cracked PCB traces under SMC or RAM slots. This goes in the garbage pile, sorry.

Comment

yea looks like it.

Comment

thread bottom ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X