820-3115 not always booting after liquid spill

Fizzl92

This 82-3115 seems to work normally but has intermitting issues. As i got it in it was booted up but everything on the screen that should be white was blue. After i disassembled it i cleaned a minor water damage and rebuild it. Now the color is normal again but it wont always allow OS Sierra to boot. But it is capable of Sierra (and high Sierra) for sure. Its the 2012 model...
Sometimes if i press ALT it just stays at a white screen (no picture at all), sometimes it works perfektly and sometimes it shows the boot menu but if i select any boot option it shows the "circle with the line through it". So it sees the drive but just wont boot because it thinks that its to old or something like this. If it wont boot it sometimes changes between the apple logo (just for a second) and the "circle with the line through it" and sometimes even the questionmark folder appears in between but its never going to boot. The customer said that the hard drive cable was changet a few month ago.
The water was only at LP8550 (but backlight works perfektly fine and i cleaned that) and a tiny bit on the SMC (shown in the picrure)
Now i am not sure what to do. Should i give the SMC a reflow or could it be the Bios?

Attachments

• photo1770.jpg
    photo1770.jpg
    8.4 MB · Views: 0

JohnB8812

There is definitely corrosion under the SMC start by running flux under it at about 200C to clear out the crap

Fizzl92

Thank you both for the help. It seems to be the cable. I unplugged it and now it seems to work fine. I keep testing it and come back to this if the problem is still there.