820-00165 CPU vcore present / light & fan / no boot

MacBook had liquid damage, fan spun with MagSafe. Replaced corroded J9500 to get SYS_ONEWIRE and light back.
Fan spins up to high immediately only on power supply or magsafe but doesn't actually turn on. CPU VCORE is present and CPU gets warm.
No boot in min config either.

Slight corrosion on GND points between R5193 & C5602. Cleaned area, including under SMC (no reball).

Should I be looking at bad CPU/SMC or junk under? Something else obvious that I'm missing..?

Getting back to this board.. I'm getting a green light then amber, no fan. Check R7006 for V and immediately get fan spin for 12 seconds on, off, 12 seconds on, off - USB mouse light on the whole time until i remove probes. Same with R7005. Same with meter off.
Hit the SMC with some heat/ flux. Power supply and 3 different chargers, known good DC-in and cable.

dukefawks

Administrator
R7005 is on PPBUS feeding 3V42 circuit. I see no reason why the board would power on when touching this. I also see no reason to measure anything there as green/orange light is present so 3V42 must be present. R7006 is not in the schematic. Check what you are measuring.

No Title

See image for R7006.
I've had this resistor be the issue with a lot of MBA's. Some even with the light. I always start there to see what I'm getting...

Attachments

• photo1825.png
    photo1825.png
    142.1 KB · Views: 1

dukefawks

Administrator
Oops, I was looking at the 3476 schematic. Still no idea why it would power on when touching that. Is 3V42 present and stable? Crap under the SMC is still suspect.