820-3330 Audio Issues

SMMRepair

Working on an 820-3330 that's killing me.

1. Board originally had no audio--greyed out icon, etc. Headphones worked, but only the right earbud (checked several pairs).
2. Removed R6805/spdif and audio returned and worked via internal speakers, but headphones didn't work at all now (no detection at all).
3. Replaced R6805 and moved onto replacing audio jack, no change--still no audio, only right earbud worked.
4. Checked around and found C6880 shorted, which took out L6880 as well. Replaced L6880, C6880 and U6880. Short gone.
5. Tested board, and issue persisted, unchanged; no audio, right earbud only worked.
6. Checked diode on my headphone jack (J6700) and found pin 1 had a diode reading of .808, whereas a working board had one of .602.
7. Replaced U6201 and my diode reading returned to normal, .602 or so.
8. Tested board, issue persists, and after checking my diode reading again at U6201 (pin 40), it reads .805 again.
9. Replaced headphone jack again, thinking possibly my replacement was bad, but no change.

I feel like I'm running in circles here, and don't want to keep replacing shit. I checked all filters and caps around the area and none look/test bad, but I could have missed one. Got tired of looking at the thing and made this post; any help appreciated.

dukefawks

Administrator
So there is an issue on the left channel of the headphone jack. Probably the protection diode D6706 I think it is, L6706 should be checked too.