[SOLVED]820-3209 turns on but shuts off (Bad Bios)

Gmorb

i have this board wich boots up with high fan spin and shuts down. after inspecting it i can see someone else has worked on it due to the bios chip being badly soldered. im wondering if they replaced the bios chip without any knowledge of reprogramming that needs to be done?

is it possible to correctly program the chip without the original bios chip at hand?

assuming thats even the issue.

dukefawks

Administrator
First try a dump from another board or from the net. It should at least turn on with a BIOS that is good.Once it works we can fix the ME and serial number stuff.

Gmorb

No Title

so i got my tl866 II plus in but as im sure you expected i have no idea how to use it or what attachment to use. any good guides out there? i tried using the clamp but i get errors its not reading the chip possibly wrong attachment or not making contact.

Attachments

• photo1874.jpg
    photo1874.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 1
  • photo1875.jpg
    photo1875.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 1
  • photo1876.jpg
    photo1876.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 1

Gmorb

Got the chip to read so first step done now how would i go about flashing a clean me region. I did some reading and i need to get a bios update closest to what my chip has?

Last edited:

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
"First try a dump from another board or from the net. It should at least turn on with a BIOS that is good."
Did you do that?

If doesn't work, recharge backup, board has other problem, not BIOS...

Gmorb

It did turn on and booted to OS but it was slow. Since the bios chip looked badly soldered im assuming it was changed.

update: just noticed on about mac it says its a 11inch macbook this is a 13 inch so for sure someone swapped the bios chip. Can i reprogram this one or should i get the correct bios chip from a similar board?

update 2: so i found the correct bios dump online for this board i also found an easy clean me.exe online and using the me region repository for my version of me region (figured out by using me analyzer) I ran the easy clean me.exe on the bin found online. Then using a hex editor i edited the serial number and the secondary board number thats on a sticker and starts with c222 reflashed it onto the bios chip and its still slow. Maybe the easycleanme.exe didnt do its job? I know im supposed to use the fict tool but i have had no luck finding it. Any tips?

Last edited: