820-3476 No display

Ryanlen2

Hi.

This board has liquid damage on C6412 with damage also on C6432. The fan will spin up 3 times before staying on when power is applied. Also I have 1.65V on CPUVCORE.
No display. Missing EDP_PANEL_PWR_OR_PSR_EN on pin 1 R8319. PP5VS4 is present. Checked U8330 and I have PP3V3_S0 on pin 8. Not sure what I should be getting on pins 5 & 6 to enable
EDP_PANEL_PWR_OR_PSR_EN.
Known good display connected.

Also I will add that I when I plug in USB mouse it will light up as long as its only plugged in half way (like up to the prongs on the port of the board). If I plug in all the way, lights out. This is true as well on the other USB on IO board.

Tried to PRAM but don't think it actually worked. Plus I wouldnt be able to hear it chime anyway due to most likely the lack of audio since that is were the only damage is evident.

Thanks. Have a good one.

Last edited:

dukefawks

Administrator
The fan should not do on/off at all. This board is not booting. Check the usual suspects, J6100/U6100 and resistor/traces/U1950/crap under SMC. Is CPU Vcore even present?

All 3437 and 00165 boards I have worked on do cycle the fan 3 times after power is added back (once they are fixed). Unless everything is plugged in.
When bench testing they only start up after the 3rd spin up. About 10-15 second. Apples repair guide even mentions that these and retinas will take up to 20 seconds to boot after battery reconnection.

Ryanlen2

Hey.

CPU turned out to be bad even though I had CPU_Vcore.

Thanks for everyones input, I appreciate it.

Have a good one day/night.

Last edited: