[SOLVED]820-3332 - no green light, boot chime off battery

820Slave

liquid damage, came in with missing components from another shop.

No boot chime, green light or fan spin off magsafe.

Once battery is connected > Boot chime and fan spin.

If magsafe is connected while battery is connected, disconnecting battery, but keeping magsafe connected fan spin will remain.

Tried 3x dc-in
ppbus g3 solid 12.56v
pp3v42, at u6900 pin 1
changed with new ISL6259
resistance between ISL6259 17/18 is 3.7 and 27/28 is 21
voltage on smc_rest_l = 3.34v
ACOK is 3.2V at pin 14 u7000

Thanks in advance.

dukefawks

Administrator
Does the green light turn orange? Are you sure you are using a REAL 85W charger, that is the only thing that these boards will work from.

820Slave

the only light is a very dim green once the battery starts the board and I leave the charger on. I used 6x different chargers just to be safe.

820Slave

So, I managed to get a green light that that fades out after 10 seconds. Does not turn orange. After a few connections and disconnections, the green light does not come back (even if you remove ac from charger and plug it back in again)
If I connect the charger to a different computer with magsafe2 and get green light to "reset" the charger, when I connect the same charger to the dcin of the board I'm working on, the fade routine will come back.

Last edited:

820Slave

The reason none of this made sense is because r6929 was MISSING!!! The shop before us stole the part or tried to sabotage this board for the client. This job is hard enough without having to worry about missing components.

Last edited: