I hate ebay boards

None of my suppliers had an 820-2533-a board in stock so i was stuck taking my chances on ebay. went through three of "pulled from a working laptop" before i found one that was halfway decent.

L4502 was burned/corded (not sure which) to hell and pad 2 was gone. Replaced and ran trace. I installed the os and gave it to customer telling him i couldn't check it (he was in a huge hurry and didn't want to wait for me to run asd)

laptop was brought back to me with Ethernet, 1 USB , Display Port and firewire not working. I looked over the board in a little more detail and found.

U9480 was missing and C9416 and C9412 broken/missing. Replaced all three. This fixed everything but thunderbolt/display port and Ethernet . Ran ASD and it passes

Problem is that Ethernet is found in os, but it wont connect to router. i don't even get green light on the router that its plugged in.

Last edited:

dukefawks

Administrator
Bad transformer or broken traces from connector to transformer. Don't buy boards on Ebay, or if you must just file a not as described claim. You decided to fix so now you own it..
I would never fix a 2533 machine if the original board was FUBAR, just too old now.