820-3330-b NO BACKLIGHT

zockysworkshop

I have 820-3330-b 17 inch MacBook woth no water damage but physical damage i hear the chime and i light up the apple on the back with flash light to make sure is backlight issue and the computer is booting in OS. I check the F9700 was blown i replace it and after that Q9706 got burned smoke came out. So i remove F9700 and started measuring i've noticed that LCD_BKLT_EN is missing and when i follow that line takes me to U9600 GMUX and i dont even know how this thing work. Any Ideas ???

dukefawks

Administrator
You have a short on the backlight output. Probably burned connector or cable. Q9706 fried because you replaced the fuse with a wire or more than 3A.

zockysworkshop

No Title

I'M wondering if LCD_BKLT_EN should be present with no fuse because im missing that signal and without that signal i think Q9706 wouldn't open

Attachments

• photo370.jpg
    photo370.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 0

zockysworkshop

I'M wondering if LCD_BKLT_EN should be present with no fuse because im missing that signal and without that signal i think Q9706 wouldn't open.

zockysworkshop

R9788 Is 0.00001 ohms i got another that i measured 300k i put it on motherboard and I measure again and i still get 0.00001 ohm. Any ideas I'm getting crazy. haha

dukefawks

Administrator
R9788 measuring short is because Q9706 is dead. There is a short on the backlight output, measure it, who cares that connector and cable look good.

zockysworkshop

I fix the backlight issue but now getting message "Your computer restarted because of problem. press power button to restart "

zockysworkshop

i try to boot from usb still doing same issue and i also run extended Apple Diagnose hardware and it pass everything. I haven't seen problem like this before