thread top ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

READ BEFORE REGISTERING SO YOUR ACCOUNT WORKS

In order for your account to be activated INSTANTLY, your PayPal email MUST MATCH THE EMAIL YOU USE TO REGISTER YOUR ACCOUNT ON THIS FORUM!! If your PAYPAL email address differs from your FORUM email address, your account will have to be activated MANUALLY when a customer service agent gets around to it.

I realize this sucks, and I do apologize.
See more
See less

820-3115 must short power pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smc_pbus_vsense: 2.104v

Comment

Post all voltages for Q5480.

Comment

At Q5480 it looks like that all the voltages are OK, as well as both voltage dividers

1: GND
        2: 3.307V
        3: 12.58V
        4: 12.58V
        5: 6.270V
        6: GND

if you do the calculation of the output voltage divider it should give 2.099V and I'm mesuring 2.104V

My guess is that the trace may be broken between R5788/89 and SMC, or ball not melted/ not soldered properly and in wrost case that pad is missing under SMC

What do you think?

Comment

Try 85W charger and run again ASD.
          The signal should increase a bit.
          If OK, then adjust resistor divider to disable the error with 60W charger.

Comment

I've scratched the Vsense Pad shown with the arrow, and check for continuity to the R5488/89: NOK
            So I decided to put some solder there for attaching a wire, after putting solder, I mesured the continuity again and was OK, but still shuting itself down.
            Reflowed SMC, then I've lost PPBUS: 12.29V: SMC not talking to ISL + No green Light
            Reflowed again: PPBUS 12.60V OK, Green Light OK
            Attached wire because after reflow, no continuity

Now quarter fan spin once, like back to the beginning, but mesuring 2.105V at the pointing arrow

Comment

Reball SMC now...

Comment

SMC_PBus_VSense.jpg

Comment

thread bottom ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X