Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try new BIOS...

Comment

already dumped, cleaned (ME, Pram and SSN area) with the medusa and restored it back without success but i can try another chip you're right ...

Comment

Did you try original 85w charger?

Comment

Ola 2Informaticos,

Im using a DC power supply with original 85W cable because of the tip, as you know it contains a chip that is talking with the machine with the one wire protocol.

Regarding the chip , I've just replaced the bios chip from a donor board, of course I did all the dumping/cleaning tasks with the medusa 2 before soldering it.

And you know what: It's working fine .......muchas gracias, that board was there for months now......

I'm so happy .

Again thanks a lot muchas gracias..

Comment

Glad to hear that.

Comment

And what do you think about working with a dc power supply with a original magsafe 1 85W cable and official magsafe 1-->2 adapter. ( I can monitor the power drained by the board )
              Does that cover all the boards (except type C of course) ?

Comment

The board is starting but the fans slowly run to full speed......wht the easiest way to diagnose?
                should I installed it in the machine and run the ASD or is there another way to find out as the board is on my desk........
                I've connected the LIO board and it's still the same.
                Last edited by Bouba148; 12-18-2018, 05:18 PM.

Comment

That is RIO board, not LIO.
                  Connect it and try

Comment

It was the trackpad, after i've connected it, fans run normally........there is a sensor in the trackpad.......ooops

Comment

Palm Rest temp sensor is there; as its name is very "indicative"...

Comment

"what do you think about working with a dc power supply with a original magsafe 1 85W cable and official magsafe 1-->2 adapter."
                        I do NOT recommend that.
                        I just remember someone wasting 2 days with two boards repaired.
                        He tested them only with MagSafe 1->2 adapter and got problems; with backlight I think, don't exactly remember.
                        All fine when he tried with correct MagSafe...

Comment

thanks for your confirmation, I've also already read somewhere in the forum that those adapter ( even official ) are not reliable .............
                          So my next step will be to try to found an official 85W magesafe 2 cable, to attach to my DC Power supply, like that I will have both

Comment

regarding the magsafe 1 -->2 adapter here what I've found on the Apple official web site:

Compatibility

24-inch Apple LED Cinema Display

27-inch Apple LED Cinema Display

Apple Thunderbolt Display

Apple 45W MagSafe Power Adapter

Apple 85W MagSafe Power Adapter

MacBook Pro with Retina display

MacBook Air with MagSafe 2 power port

So now we know that this little adapter is not comptible with the 65W charger

Comment

Don't bother too much with compatibility.
                              MagSafe original 85W charger is a MUST, both 1 and 2 style, for a service!
                              You can also need 85W cables to connect bench power supply.
                              This way you can discard an input leakage issue...

Comment

thread bottom ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X