Rebooting After Water Damage 820-00138-a 2015 Retina

brooke.j

I have a rebooting 2015 Retina that I've put through the Crest and ran some hot air over a few bad spots. It did not look too bad and I was able to service it within 24 hours. Questions I have are:

1. Does this need a battery plugged in to boot? (I can't get it to boot just from the 85w Charger although it has a green then orange light with out battery plugged in)

2. If the battery is Damaged would that make it reboot? (I plug the battery in and then the power and wait for it to boot then I unplug the battery quickly and it does stay powered on but then reboots in 1 min)

Here is what I've eliminated:

- It's not the keyboard as I've booted with that disconnected to a Install USB
- I've checked for corrosion on the keyboard connector and nothing bridging there.
- Reset SMC
- Reset PRAM (not that would fix this issue)

I'm going to start looking at all of the rails and I'll get back with those results. I'm hoping someone has a hint on what to look at and on what rail to figure out what would make it reboot. I get that it's getting a signal to reboot but I'm not quite sure what's doing it or how to search for that.

JohnB8812

1. Yes has to have battery to boot.

2. Yes most common cause of bootlooping on these is bad battery. Try a known good battery and see if it boots