820-2879 T1ND On die temperature sensor high

XooP

Some sign of water damage but not around the MCP or the SMC. ASD fails with MCP T1ND On Die sensor to high and the FAN spins high.
Anything to do with this one or just throw it away?

XooP

Thank you Duke. Area around U5535 seems fine but does not measure right. I think I'll replace both U5535 and the surrounding capacitors. The resistors seems fine.

XooP

Hmm, I think I found the problem now. There is a short to ground on pin 1 of U5535, even after replacement

Last edited:

XooP

Not a short entirely, but I measure only 86 Ohms. A working board measures 2500 Ohms

XooP

What do you think about the idea of just removing R5535 and inject 3.3v directly to U5535?

XooP

I get the same at pin 1 on U5515, are they connected somewhere or do they both come straight from the MCP?

Last edited:

dukefawks

Administrator
I'd say that is coming from PP3V3_S0. Need to discharge that bus first before measuring, wait a while before you measure! I still say crap under MCP at the corner of ball G2, G3.

XooP

Put some flux under the MCP and reflowed now. Seems I managed to destroy one of the memory slots :). It now passes ASD and boots in to OS X at normal speed, but the fan runs at high speed all the time.