[SOLVED]820-3115 Keyboard & Trackpad Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

machelper

Hello Everybody

I'm working on liquid damaged around EFI macbook PRO, Cleaned and replaced few resistors and capacitors looking bad . Machine starting with out problem but when loaded OS stop working keyboard and trackpad. For example when i push down alt key when starting machine shows boot device and working trackpad and keyboard at this time. when i select OS and come login screen stops work keyboard and trackpad. Tried different OS,keyboard,trackpad. Pulled down every things like airport ,DVD,battery indicator,camera but nothing changed.

Note: when OS started single user mode keyboard also working.

Any idea?
Thanks

dukefawks

Administrator
Check all pins from trackpad connector to U5701. Also check 18V to trackpad, it must be plugged in when testing.

machelper

When i checked trackpad connector to U5701 every line OK, 18.5V and 3.42V OK.
Replaced U5701,U5750,Q5701 nothing changed. When i press option key at start up trackpad and keyboard working at this screen(trackpad click doesnt work also its interesting) but after select disk for startup ( tried different OS,external drive etc) keyboard and trackpad not working.

machelper

Sorry Duke i try it but same thing fan start to high speed and keyboard also doesnt work:( My brain burned i cant understand what is happening...

When i start to mac os in verbose mode and hitting caps lock key ( for led status) capslock led turning on and off until bluetooth driver load after loaded this drive stoping led turn on and off... (Bluetooth and wifi card disconnected)

machelper

Yes i tried PRAM and SMC reset doesnt change... Is it could be cause by SMC ( machine came liquid damaged SMC are but working every things with out keyboard and trackpad) I was reflow SMC didint change..

I spoke few pc notebook repair tech. , they suggest I/O controller replace (they called ENE chip) but in apple board doesn't have ENE so SMC is same thing?

Do you think i have to try replace SMC?

Last edited:

machelper

Thank you for suggestion dukefawks after your post checked SMC_LID and its shorted ground... Replaced SMC solved problem now working keyboard and trackpad without problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.