820-3476 no battery

arnonabuurs

Hi guys i have an 820-3476 that runs off charger, orange and green light. As soon as I have the battery connected the light is off and PPBUS fluctuating between 8-4v. Did replace U7100 just because its easy :p but that didnt fix it ofcourse.Im pretty bad fixing battery related issues, some guidance would be helpful. I did see some melted solder balls around Q7130 as well as Q7520 but have not replaced those yet. Should I just replace them or is there a way to make sure these are OK?

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Why do you replace components without measuring them, or something related???
I wish have an eye that can show me the board problems whitout checking anything...
For the moment I have to work with only one; which doesn't have such aptitude, of course.

Post F7140 voltage, on charger only.
Check if Q7155 is not shorted.

JohnB8812

Does it see the battery in the OS or does it give you an X through the battery? Also yes PPBUS charger only as 2informaticos asked

arnonabuurs

Just wishful thinking, because im a noob :)

PPBUS without battery is 12.57v
Q7155 readings on pin 1-4 but OL on pin 5

The mac will not start, when i connect the battery no light on charger and PPBUS is 11.72v, it was stable so i didnt see it fluctuate as mentioned before.Tried it a few times to make sure.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Magsafe light goes off when battery is connected and comes back when remove it?

Check voltage and resistance to ground at SCL/SDA lines of battery bus.

JohnB8812

If it starts off just the charger and PPBUS is 12.57 volts, I think you simply have a dead battery preventing power...tried another battery?