15 inch retina late 2013 rebooting

arnonabuurs

Hello guys, i have this Late 2013 that reboots every 15 minutes to 2 hours. Cannot find anything on the logic board all very clean and ASD comes up with nothing. Are there any known issues with these boards this can relate too?

JohnB8812

Unfortunately, no known solution for this. I remember Duke posting about replacing the CPU VCore Power Circuit with NEW chips as a possibility to fix it. Not sure that is a known solution, but the random reboots on these suck.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
If is 820-3662, dukefawkes seems to got some of them working with no return after replacing (in)famous FDMF chips from CPU power supply.
You can try that too, if get good chips...

arnonabuurs

One thing i forgot to mention, before it does the shutdown, the fan starts spinning high. Thats why i initially thought its some sensor issue but ASD doesnt find any,

JohnB8812

Yeah it's def a common issue. You can try and replace them if you can get new chips anything from a donor board is worthless.

arnonabuurs

Unfortunately only have some donor boards lying around. Replaced all 3 IC and its been running fine now for over 3 hours, so seems to be fixed:). Thanks for the tip!