820 3536 - stuck on SPDIF

Alan.L

is there a quick fix for this board? i know that can you remove a resistor on some boards to skip the SPDIF detection sense.

thanks

Last edited:

Alan.L

I've already cleaned before I made this thread. cant disable SPDIF on this one?

Last edited:

Alan.L

didn't work. I can still see the red light in the port and digital out is still showing in the setting.

i forgot to mention, I can hear chime on the internal speaker and headphone is also working. it changes from digital to headphone when i insert a headphone jack,

edit. not L6607 neither.

how come chime is working?

i'll try R6330

Last edited:

Alan.L

removing R6330 hasn't worked. it just turns off the optical red light. so the only way is to replace the headphone port?

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
R6330 is SPDIF output; it does not help to switch from SPDIF to speakers.
Check L6606 is OK; try removing it.
Check how L6606 voltage change when insert headphones.

Also check SPKRCONN_L/R_ID.

Alan.L

after try cleaning it more. now its stuck on headphone mode only. say goodbye to this port.

what is the best way to remove a headphone port from a donor board without melting the grey plastic?

JohnB8812

Use low melt on the through hole joints and blast full heat and air (450 at 120 on the Quick) at the joints on top of the board NOT the plastic. It should come off fairly quickly and the port should not get burned

Alan.L

i tried low melt..there is solder on the other side a swell.

Jtc562S.jpg

lol..brute force didn't work on a donor board, i guess its time to order some from aliexpress.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Che...-13-A1502-etc-Headphone-port/32916387395.html

Alan.L

mmm one of the pin is suppose to be missing, i guess it's ok to use after bending the pins back.
5pcs-lot-Audio-Combo-Jack-Socket-Connector-for-Macbook-Pro-Retina-13-A1502-etc-Headphone-port.jpg_640x640.jpg

Last edited: