Macbook Air early 2015 13'' panicking and freezes.

Vertx

Hello, i have Macbook Air early 2015 13'' which recently started to freeze just after it boots and then restarts to repeat the process. Got a chance to get to the logs and take a photo, thinking it's CPU, what i could check or do? Sometimes even freezes at startup, maybe ME clean?

Attachments

• photo2108.jpg
    photo2108.jpg
    7.6 MB · Views: 1

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, you should try BIOS; make backup and verify reading is good, before write new file.
Is that 820-4924 board?

Vertx

No, it's MacBook Air 13" A1466 early 2015. The thing is, i only have CH341A programmer atm, will look forward purchasing medusa 3, but working with CH341A, MB 2015 efi don't have any legs so i assume i need to solder chip directly to programmer? And last question i need to clean ME or to reprogram with new bios?

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Try first cleaning ME.
You can solder WSON8 chip on a normal SOP8-DIP8 adapter, taping middle part of the pads with kapton tape.
Somerhing like in these pictures.

Attachments

• WSON-1.jpg
    WSON-1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
  • WSON-2.jpg
    WSON-2.jpg
    791.8 KB · Views: 1

Vertx

Before cleaning ME tried different ssd with installed OS, machine boots fine, even after some usage, few restarts, but if i'm trying to boot to any mac os installer usb it freezes on logo ar start, so think it might be defo bios issue. Will try to clean ME, thank you.