820-00281 A1707 TOUCH BAR model . NO BACKLIGHT

Don Anton

Hi all,

This is a liquid damaged board but tiny bit near the lcd connector. I check the LCD with working board and LCD by itself is fine. I replaced the LCD flex cable still the same with damaged board.

macbook works fine with external monitor. but with the internal display not sure if this is only backlight or no display as really hard to see the picture on this model LCD's.

I checked backlight circuit.

U8400 get current sensing power 12.66/12.67v on pin 9/10. But EDP_BKLT_EN signal is missing. diod mode its 0.372v.\

BKLT_SD is 12.67v and q8400 not opeing the gate.

Check on J8500 LCD connector . There is 5v on PP5V_S0SW_LCD
on pin 45.

Any clue?

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
You must change U9850.
Liquid spilled from pin 43 to pin1 of J8500 killed GMUX.
You are lucky enough; this board has GMUX, that signal doesn't go directly to CPU...

Don Anton

Hi thank you for your reply. I replced U9850. still no display. u9850 pin 2 and 44 gets 3.3v. LCD_MUX_SEL 3.3v shooting from the SMC. any clue?

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
DP_INT_HPD is required to detect the LCD.
You should change U9800 too.
Which pins of J8500 have been affected?

Don Anton

HI, board siede pins are all clear and no liquid onlt LCD
conncetor . but LCD works fine after cleaning as i tested with working board. pins around 45,41,29,37 & 46, 42, 40, 38. I will change u980o update you now. really appreciate your help.

Don Anton

Geguis, Display is back:D. Thank you so much for helping me. one more issue now fan goes high from the start. but everythings works fine no slow any thing.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Did you connect all the perypherals?
Run HWMonitor and see if appears anything strange.
Try other trackpad and cable.

Don Anton

yes connected everything properly. any evrything work properly including track pad. but fan goes high. when it starts left fan start first high then the righ one after few seconds. I will run HW Monitor and update you. thank you verymuch.

Don Anton

all the sensor resdings on hw monitor is around 20c to 40c no anything high aran rpms are around 5500. I took the board out to check and put is back now no display again? :(

Don Anton

Hi, so sorry for not getting back for a month. I was out of the counrty for a month. I just wanted to tell you that I replaced the u9800 again and its working fine. Thank you so much for help.