820-00239 Won't turn on. Liquid damaged.

macpc

820-00239
Not powering on liquid damaged. I get 20V on Q3200 PP20V_USBC_XB_VBUS_F but its not opening. Which means I am not getting PPDCIN_G3H. I replaced already U3200 thinking it was the cause of not opening the gate on Q3200. What could be the reason of not opening?

macpc

Good Point. Ok I tried a original cable, once its plugged the amp meter reads 5v then starts to go up and shuts down and restart.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Check if 3V3_G3H pulses at least.
Also try to start in SMC bypass mode.
PPBUS_G3H pulses at least?
Test resistance to ground there too (diode mode).

JohnB8812

Start by checking what 2informaticos said guessing PPBUS won?t be present. Inject 3.3 volts into PP3v3_G3H and monitor for any kind of amperage draw

macpc

I injected 3.3v on PP3v3_G3H. no amperage draw. I guess theres a short on some of the lines thats why when it tries to reach 20v it goes on a loop not passing more than 5v. I will check lines for short. Any ideas you guys can add?

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Remove F7000 and check if get steady 12.5-13V on its pin1.
I suppose a problem on a secondary power supply.
Check resistance to ground on all coils...

macpc

Checked resistance to ground and no short.
I dont get anything on PPBUS_G3H. I guess Im not getting PPBUS_G3H cos there's no 20v on PPDCIN_G3H

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Did you remove F7000 and check voltage at its pin 1?
I think there is CD3215C00, did you use the same, from donor?
B03 version will not work, as new chip too.

macpc

Yes I removed fuse and I get 0v. Yes positive, I used c00 chip. Not from donor board I got the chip itself already reballed. I will try to use the one on donor board and Ill post back.

macpc

Replaced from a donor board and now its working fine. BUT it's overheating, fan not spinning and shutting down itself because overheat. Keyboard is working fine. I know this keyboard goes connected to the fan. any points to test?

JohnB8812

What is overheating the new chip or the computer in general? Run HWMonitor and report if any sensors read off if possible