Sensor issue maybe?

RESQ-MYTECH

Hi all. I put up a post a few days back but it seems to not be showing. However, ASD did finally throw up 2 errors, ( was taking an age to complete).
Quick recap. A1466 ( 820-3209-A) liquid ingress. Keyboard requires replacement. New one connected. System running very slow.

Run ASD and 2 errors appeared, as can be seen in the pics. I have replaced the SSD with another and booted from an external drive. Still runs slow. I have replaced the thermal paste on the CPU with the same results. I still suspect a sensor. The logic board has no clear signs of corrosion under a scope.

Any pointers? 2informaticos has suggested new BIOS with a clean ME but I do not have the equipment at this time to do this.

thanks in advance.
Marc

Attachments

• 20181228_075921.jpg
    20181228_075921.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20181228_075906.jpg
    20181228_075906.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Two errors are related with internal SSD.
Try a known good SSD, or disconnect internal and boot from your USB test OSX.

RESQ-MYTECH

Tried with an external test O/S, still slow AF. I must have every SSD available for these Mac's apart from the one in it...LOL

RESQ-MYTECH

Yep, just the external drive connected, nope did not try another cable, will do that now, but I did try with the cable disconnected and a USB mouse, still slow. No fans do not spin high.