thread top ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

820-00138 turns on, battery error symbol, then turns off. Works fine in SMC bypass

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok so I did a nice reball on a new SMC and green light is back BUT it doesn't boot in bypass mode.

faulty SMC?

Comment

Did you get it from same model donor board?
      Machine should start in SMC bypass, as before.
      Something went wrong in the process, or SMC is bad/incorrect.
      Also check SMC_AVREF voltage.

Comment

Actually, it wasn't from the same model donor. the chip has the same markings. I guess you're going to tell me now that the programming is different hahaha

I can't find SMC_AVREF in the schematic or board view

Comment

"I can't find SMC_AVREF"
          PP3V3_S5_AVREF_SMC to be more specific.

"I guess you're going to tell me now that the programming is different"
          Exactly!!!

Comment

Hi there! Revisiting this today. Bought donor board and have reablled SMC from a 820-00138-a board but I noticed the board i'm repairing is 820-00138-05

have tested that SMC and while I get the orange / green light and while the light turns screen when i try SMC bypass, it's not doing anything more than that

Will these SMC's work?

Comment

SMC is compatible, but you can't be 100% sure got a good one from scrap board...

Check again basic signals.
              Be sure SMC is properly soldered; check for moved, or knocked off components.

Comment

ok will check soon thanks!

Comment

tried another SMC, dead only charging light comes on. interestingly when i press the power button the light goes from orange to green then back to orange
                  gonna check voltages now

Comment

The keyboard is resetting the SMC....does it turn on with the keyboard and trackpad disconnected????

Comment

Check the board alone on the desk, without any perypheral.
                      If works, then start to connect things one by one...

Comment

thread bottom ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X