820-3115 burning out HD cables

samiam

have a mbp 13 which is going thru hd cables like crazy, to the point that I know its not the cables

brand new ones will usually work for like a week or so, and then no more
for example i just put a new cable and ssd and before i can even transfer a whole system carbon copy is giving a crap load of read errors

Has anyone seen this before?

Have you seen U5410 be bad or is it some support caps, or is that whole things with
L4539, SSD_OOBD2R_L and the SATA OOB Comparator

leonattpcs

I had this, but in the reverse to you. Replaced a faulty hdd which went OK, but then it ended up coming back. The cable fried the hdd. I changed the hdd again and fitted a new cable. All good.

rany

It is an old post, but I'd like to add my experience.
I've noticed that once the SATA-HDD cable goes bad, the HDD itself is soon to follow. I always advise the customer to replace them bother together or keep his stuff backed-up. Since doing this approach had much less issues.
Also the SATA-HDD cable replacement program is not *public* and Apple will not always replace them for free like I had posted above.
Finally it seems that the HDD cable model 821-1480-A it is the faulty model and if the replacement carries the same number, it will keep failing => should be replaced by a cable having a different model number -> this is still to be confirmed. Gathering data about it now.