820-00281 keyboard not registering clicks anymore

ytesfay80

This board had a small amount of liquid damage by the touchid/power button flex cable and the battery connector on the logic board was broken causing the machine to not charge. I replaced that power button flex cable and the J6951 battery connector. The machine was working perfectly fine a few hours ago and I was able to login with no issues. I didn't do anything besides put the machine into an incase before I went to drop off the machine then after turning it on the keyboard is no longer registering on the login page. I can tell the keyboard is partially working though because if I hit the caps lock button the green light comes on and the login screen lets me know caps lock is on. If I hit the spacebar button I see something flash in the upper right corner.

The trackpad works fine and I tried plugging in an external keyboard but that didn't work either.

I've never seen anything like this and I'm not sure where I should even start to measure.

ytesfay80

I figured out the issue. It ended up being one of the Command keys that were stuck pressed down. I had to pop the key out and after putting it back on the keyboard is working fine. If anyone has this issue in the future you can check to make sure all the keys are properly in place.