820-3330 missing bkl_pwm

shanenin

I have a missing backlight and 0v on bkl_pwm. I am able to get the backlight to come on if I jump pp3v3_s0 to bkl_pwm. Any ideas to why bkl_pwm is 0v?

I get 30 volts on the main backlight line without the jumper

Last edited:

shanenin

I tried to do a pram reset and it did not chime. I then replaced the backlight driver. Now my backlight output is down to 12.* . I am guessing my solder job may be bad. It seemed to go perfectly

shanenin

changed the backlight driver and I am back up to 27.8v. Since the speakers are connected to the board on this model, I should be hearing it chime when resetting the pram(but it did not)? I did hear it chime originally when first looking at the computer before removing the logic board

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Do you get USB activity?
If yes, look at USB mouse light.
If PRAM works, its light should go off/on; use it instead of chime.

BTW, you can force again the backlight, to have control on the screen; or use external monitor, if possible.
I bet it has EFI password and PRAM reset cannot be done in "blind way".

shanenin

I do get usb light and when resetting the pram it goes off. Is it normal when a logic board with the speakers attached to it, removed from the case, not to chime?

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
You must keep pressing the PRAM reset keys until USB mouse light comes on again.
In fact you are using its light instead of chime.

shanenin

I held the keys and reset the pram several times in a row, it flashed multiple times. I was just asking about hearing the chime if the logic board is pulled out as a second quesiton

Last edited:

shanenin

it is working now. Not sure what happened. it is working with 31.5 volts on backlight out. Is that seem like an issue since it is not 39v?