MacBook Air liquid damage, running slow and fan at full speed 820 3437

leonattpcs

Hi,
Liquid damage on MacBook Air 820 3437. switches on, all works, but running slow and fan spins up to full speed when switching on. Nothing much to note in terms of damage on the board. Owner says another place looked at it and said it needed new U5620. The part itself looks OK and diode mode checking each pin on the ic readings look OK. I know that when the fan spins fast the computer will speed up the fan which I have found to be something isn't being seen by the computer. Has anyone to any idea off what it could be?
Thanks

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Usually bad trackpad board, or flex.
Try known good trackpa board/flex.
Do the same with LIO board/flex.

If no result, run corresponding ASD EFI version and post the errors..

leonattpcs

I read that and the board was out the case with nothing connected. I connected just power and got fan spin then it got a lot faster just like it does. With that happening, doesn't that say it isn't anything to do with mouse and keyboard seen as they aren't even connected?

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Fan spin high is normal if no trackpad connected.
Test the board in the case, with all connected, then comment.

leonattpcs

Tested the logic board in a known to be working case and still the same. Fan goes really fast when loading into the os.
Looking at the activity monitor, the kernel tasks are running at 204%, is this the reason for the fan speed?

Last edited:

leonattpcs

Tested its ssd in another device and all was running fine. How do you try a new bios and clean ME, what is ME? Are they any kinds of resets? Or anything to do with preferences?

leonattpcs

I have a programmer of some kind yes, I think. I have programmed chips in iMacs before to reset passwords with help from Duke.