Slow 3115, passes ASD

Hellfiya

Liquid Damage around TB, BL, ENET, FW, and U2600. I disabled TB, repaired ENET and FW, and replaced most of BL. I'm assuming the slowness is related to u2600. Also, had a slightly corroded through hole on PP1V2_S5_SMC_VDDC near SMC. Fluxed SMC and heated to 190 degrees for 10 seconds. I don't have a replacement for U2600 and would like to know if this would cause the slowness.

PPBUS at 12.53v with charger plugged in, around 11.7v currently with 70% charged batt by itself.

JohnB8812

Slowness could be something around the SMC or the SMC itself. Replace U2600 just to rule that out. What voltage do you get on AVREF for the SMC?

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
If board starts, U2600 should be good.
Board wil only start in SMC bypass mode if AVREF_SMC voltage is not good.

Try first known good trackpad board/flex.

Hellfiya

Replaced U2600 anyway for good measure, AVREF_SMC reads normally at 3.29v. Also, tried another good trackpad/flex and seems maybe a little faster but still lags, using 2 good SSDs and both are slow. I did notice that an SMC Reset wont stay shut down, it automatically starts the mac again. I guess it may be the SMC or the components around it?

Last edited:

Hellfiya

Thanks for the suggestions, other hdd cable and usb caddy both yield slow results. I'll try flashing a clean me bios one I figure out how to properly use by bios flasher.