thread top ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

READ BEFORE REGISTERING SO YOUR ACCOUNT WORKS

In order for your account to be activated INSTANTLY, your PayPal email MUST MATCH THE EMAIL YOU USE TO REGISTER YOUR ACCOUNT ON THIS FORUM!! If your PAYPAL email address differs from your FORUM email address, your account will have to be activated MANUALLY when a customer service agent gets around to it.

I realize this sucks, and I do apologize.
See more
See less

820-2850-A Diagnose No Fan / Power without frame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 820-2850-A Diagnose No Fan / Power without frame?

Got a customer who sent me only the motherboard and said it will not boot, no fans. Is it possible to "Prompt to boot" this board? I have an 80W adapter and battery here, but no shell to put it in. Just need to make sure I fix the fans not kicking on apparently.

Yes it should autopower on being it's an Intel Core. For sure known good 85 watt OEM Magsafe 1 adapter? Any history liquid drop etc?

Comment

Not sure honestly. Was just sent in and customer said it would not turn on.... just died. Board looks clean, no water damage or broken off components. I get a green light when connected to the OEM AC adapter and no battery and the same solid green light when connected to a battery.

Comment

Do you have a fan to plug in by chance? If not, measure if CPU VCore is present.

Comment

If you detect a little drop on VCORE, few seconds after starts, board should work.
          I normally test the boards with USB mouse and OSX pendrive (with Link LED).

Comment

I connected the MB to the battery I had in stock from a used system and let it sit plugged in over the weekend.... came in this morning and the fans were spinning at 100%. Still have too hook up a screen and keyboard, but there is life.... Charging light stays green no matter what though. May try an SMC reset to see if it changes anything.

Comment

thread bottom ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X