No announcement yet.

820-3787 Burning Batteries

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It reports 79%, not charging and the battery status on system is Replace Now. If I unplug charger the machine dies immediately. 3.3V is present with charger, when I disconnect charger the machine dies and PP3V42_G3H goes to 0V. I plugged in the last battery this computer burned.

Comment

If PPBUS_G3H missing too (on battery only), then check R7050.

Comment

No offense but this sounds 100% like a fucked battery

Comment

Originally posted by JohnB8812 View Post
          No offense but this sounds 100% like a fucked battery
          That's exactly the problem... I tried 3 batteries... All of them work for some minutes then die... It's very unlikely that I got 3 fucked batteries... I think this machine has some kind of intermittent short that's killing the batteries... Besides, I do not buy cheap batteries... I always buy the best batteries I can to avoid problems, and this supplier alway sells me good batteries, just this machine is giving me headache!

Comment

Originally posted by 2informaticos View Post
            If PPBUS_G3H missing too (on battery only), then check R7050.
            PPBUS_G3H scales up until it reaches around 1.5V on battery, measures 12.56V on charger. R7050 measures 9.98k

Comment

Check all the traces for battery connector.
              Still looks like bad battery...

Comment

All traces look good... Don't know what to do anymore... I think I will wait for another machine of the same kind arrive here and test the new battery on another computer to see if it burns the battery too...

Comment

I measured voltage on burned battery and it measures 12.2V, the same voltage measured on new battery the seller sent me. This is measured not on the connector itself but on the contacts on the battery controller board. Directly on the connector both batteries measure 2.33V

Comment

Battery is not enabled "on air".
                    SYS_DETECT_L should be pulled-down, through R7050.
                    Post exact voltages for Q7155, only battery connected.

Comment

Q7155:

Pin1 = 1.675V
                      Pin2 = 1,675V
                      Pin3 = 1,6767V
                      Pin4 = 0,598V
                      Pin5 = 1,677V

Comment

Crappy battery, or not good contact for SYS_DETECT_L line.
                        Also possible battery processor got blocked for some reason.
                        I'm sure elements are good, as you have good voltage on them.
                        But internal processor settled up an error flag, because of short, or overcurrent detected.
                        In few words only, bad cheap chinese battery...

Comment

Not so cheap LOL! It was expensive actually... Should I try the new one then?

Comment

Well, in the end, as ALWAYS, you were ABSOLUTELY right! I got bad luck and got 3 consecutive bad batteries. The last one the seller sent me is working like a charm now! Thanks for all the help. Mod can close the topic!

Comment

thread bottom ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X