thread top ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

READ BEFORE REGISTERING SO YOUR ACCOUNT WORKS

In order for your account to be activated INSTANTLY, your PayPal email MUST MATCH THE EMAIL YOU USE TO REGISTER YOUR ACCOUNT ON THIS FORUM!! If your PAYPAL email address differs from your FORUM email address, your account will have to be activated MANUALLY when a customer service agent gets around to it.

I realize this sucks, and I do apologize.
See more
See less

Macbook Pro A1398 mid-2015 820-00138-A freezing at random

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macbook Pro A1398 mid-2015 820-00138-A freezing at random

Hello, the board is 820-00138-A, it freezes once after a day or two, the trackpad is till working but is stuck with rainbow wheel. I tried without the pci ssd with external hdd with usb and it still freezes. The diagnostic while holding d at the start does not show any errors. Any ideas? Could it be the wifi board, or the lcd screen?

Change FDMF6808 chips with real new FDMF6708; get them from Mouser...

Comment

Does it restart at all or do you have to force restart it? Inspect board for corrosion first to rule out anything like that. If board is clean, then yeah best bet is to try replacing all the FDMF6808 controllers with NEW FDMF6708 chips from Mouser or Digikey. Make SURE you let the board cool or just UC it before firing it back up to test

Comment

ok thank you, i have ordered them, i will post back results when i have them. I need to force restart when it freezes and i have cleaned it, it had too much dust but not water damage anywhere.

Comment

Yep sounds like those chips to me. Not a super fun repair, but it's worth a shot!

Comment

Remove the heatsink.
            Best way to use a small preheater, like MLink 853A...

Comment

thank you guys, replaced with FDMF6708 and its working fine now, you can mark this as solved.

Comment

thread bottom ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X