A1502 820-4924 no charge icon til logged in

MexicoTV

Hello all,

I got this weird laptop that supposedly wasnt turning on. I let it charge for a while using a known working motherboard and it eventually turned on. With its original MOBO I notice it charges but does not show the typical lightning bolt on the battery icon, it shows nothing at all, just as if the charger was disconnected, however the charge percentage does go up! When I use the known good motherboard this issue does not occur. When I log into the computer the charge icon finally appears!

Anyone have any advice on this one? I"m thinking battery/battery board? Tried the usual resets with no luck.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Did you try other DCIN board?
If the same DCIN board works with other MLB, then you must check SYS_ONEWIRE circuit on the MLB.
Post U7000/01 voltages.

SMMRepair

This is a normal issue with Mojave and maybe even High Sierra. Don't worry about what the icon shows until logged into MacOS. It's very common.

MexicoTV

Interesting. Thank you guys! When I got the computer it was totally dead however. Perhaps a battery that is going bad? In order to get it going I did have to use the "transfer over a known good board to charge it trick."